Travelling on so many long haul flights has led to a few tricks of the trade quite literally saving my skin! Here are some of my favourite in-flight travel beauty tips to ensure you arrive in your destination feeling well rested, hydrated, and ready to hit the ground running!
In-Flight Beauty Tips
1. Tie your hair away from your face to prevent dust and grime causing your skin to break out.
2. Dry shampoo is your new best friend! Use a little to give your hair some shape just before you land.
3. Before you board place a little leave-in conditioner through your hair, particularly on the ends.
4. Carry a hair brush or comb with you and use before landing to feel clean and fresh.
5. Before you go, give yourself some colour by using a light tanner – preferably a cream that builds a gradual tan. This will ensure you look good even when you don’t feel great when getting off the plane!
6. Cucumber eye pads are a great way to combat puffy eyes.
7. If you don’t like travelling without makeup, pack some makeup wipes and just be sure to clean your face before you sleep to prevent breakouts.
8. If you can stick to the bare necessities, just pack a concealer and mascara – a girls’ best friends!
9. If your hair gets oily on long haul flights, consider packing a baseball cap to throw on before you land.
10. Avoid using the water in the lavatory to splash your face – it is incredibly dirty!
11. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
12. Rest up but also be sure to get up and move about the cabin a few times throughout the flight to ensure you keep the blood flowing.