Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, and if you’re without a plus one this year, fear not, we’ve got just the thing. This cupcake is literally just that – a cake, in a cup. Single serve – so you can have your cake and eat it (all).
It’s also literally the easiest thing to make, ever.
Best served with strawberries, ice cream and salted caramel if you’re game. It’s got a shot of coffee inside, so you can even eat cake for breakfast (we’ve all been there).
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 short black/espresso (made with a Nespresso machine or similar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of Vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg yolk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder – mix well.
- Add the egg yolk, coffee, vanilla extract and oil – and stir until all combined.
- Pour this mix into a well-greased coffee cup.
- Microwave on medium high for 85-90 seconds, until the cake has risen and is cooked through. Be careful to not over cook, as the cake will go rubbery.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, strawberries, caramel or simply dust with icing sugar.