My Week with Marilyn – Marilyn Monroe Hollywood Locations
An enigma of pop culture and the world’s most enduring sex symbol, Norma Jeane Mortenson – or Marilyn Monroe to most – casts an enduring legacy over the entertainment world.
As I stepped off the plane in LAX, navigated my way toward the driver holding a sign illustrating my name, and began the short drive into Hollywood, I knew my decision to spend a week in tinsel town was a suitable one. While it may not hold the grandeur of the concrete jungle (NYC) – Hollywood is indeed a world in itself. A weird, whacky, and whimsical playground just waiting to be explored.
I, much like man tourists before me, had one thing in mind… Fame.
Not to achieve it and not to seek it (in the form of celebrities hiding out in indie suburban cafes)… but to retrace it. To follow in the steps of icons and to envisage life as a star during the Hollywood golden age.
On a custom tailored tour of the crème de la crème of Los Angeles with Elite Adventure Tours, I was able to get a taste of the lifestyles of the rich and the famous… most notably walking in the steps of the one and only, Marilyn Monroe.
For fans of Marilyn, here’s a list of highlights in Los Angeles to walk in her steps in various Hollywood locations…
Marilyn Monroe Hollywood Locations
- Marilyn’s Star on Hollywood Blvd – located outside McDonald’s.
- Marilyn’s Hands and Feet – at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.
- Marilyn Monroe wax figure at Madame Tussaud’s.
- Visit Marilyn at the Westwood cemetery.
- Beverly Hills Hotel – stay in a bungalow as Marilyn infamously did during an equally infamous affair.
- Hollywood Roosevelt – stay in the Marilyn Monroe suite. Marilyn was a resident at the hotel for two years at the beginning of her career.
Inside the Roosevelt Hotel.
Inside the Presidential Suite, Beverly Hills Hotel.
Marilyn Monroe Star, Hollywood Walk of Fame.