World of Wanderlust is at the forefront of influencing global travel trends in the Gen X & Gen Y market. Our business is built on deliberate discovery as today’s youth & young entrepreneurs are actively seeking out the best that the world has to offer and trust our recommendations to help them make decisions.
Worldofwanderlust.com (WOW) is hiring freelance travel writers to contribute travel, food & culture articles for the website. WOW provides an opportunity to create exciting content that both local and visiting readers will find useful and entertaining, as well as sharing with their friends on social media. The ideal candidate is a traveller at heart, loves to travel & experience the world, and has experience in writing for digital media. Additionally, candidates with strong photography skills are preferred. An understanding of SEO and social media is critical. This is a chance to work with a young company looking to expand to a close-knit team in 2016 and beyond.
- Create relevant and engaging content based on new and best destinations as assigned and pitched
- Work with Editor to generate ideas for new content topics
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Provide media (e.g., original photography, sourced images, etc.) to accompany copy
- Must be based in one of the following locations: Asia, South America
- 3+ years experience writing, with focus on travel, culture or entertainment sections
- Acute knowledge of local food, bar, nightlife and events scenes
- Strong writing skills
- Strong photography skills (DSLR camera preferred)
- Deep personal enthusiasm for travel
- Appreciation for the WOW brand and voice
- Ability to meet regular deadlines while working independently
- Genuinely awesome with at least one party trick
These positions are on a paid freelance basis. Writers will be paid per published article on the site.
These positions also include travel opportunities as a representative of WOW.
To apply, please send your cover letter & 3 recently published articles to: