Nothing reminds me more of the German Christmas Markets than Cinnamon Sugared Candied Nuts. When I was living in Europe for a few months late last year, I would visit the Christmas markets daily and still never pass by a candied nut stand without making a purchase. If there would be one smell that reminds me of Christmas (the winter wonderland kind of Christmas we all dream of), then this is it. Be prepared to smell out your house or apartment with a sweet, sugary, cinnamon extravaganza!
If you haven’t been fortunate enough to experience the glorious Christmas Markets in Europe before, then let World of Wanderlust take you there! In the lead up to Christmas you will see many of the famous Christmas Market treats recreated here and with full recipes to help you recreate them yourself!
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas from this moment forward, as the lead up to Christmas should be just as magical and festive as the day itself!
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon water until frothy (1-2 minutes) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, pecans and egg white mixture until well combined. Stir in brown sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread nut mixture onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring at halftime.
- Allow to cool completely before serving and enjoy!